Monday, December 26, 2011

December 27

Here it is the middle of the holidays and science is still a big part of my life.  In todays Taranaki Daily News there was a story about the setting up of the Tapuae Marine Reserve, and about its future. I feature in a little bit of the story and was interviewed a couple of days ago. It made me think about the importance of Marine Reserves as well, and how they are a place where the environment can grow back into balance. The ecosystems don't have extenal influences being put on them and so over time they can change back to what they once were.
Anyway here is a link to the story
http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/life-style/6191815/Proud-to-be-kelp-huggers
Oh and yes I do know the journalist that wrote the story, rather well in fact, she is my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment